Thursday, August 10, 2017

Diamond’s Dreamy Reading Spaces

Reading, reading, reading. For us booklovers, we are used to bringing books (or our phones loaded with books) everywhere we go. However, there’s quite a special charm to have a special reading spot … a special place where you can curl up with a book and some tea and snacks. For hours on end, it’s great to just check in one spot (basically it’s also insurance that your bum is comfy) and a throw blanket nearby and you’re basically describing heaven. 
So, what would my heaven be? Oh, it’s the most fun to think about. I think that’s part of the reason it took me so long to compose this post, (besides the fact that we were having major design and technical difficulties alll last week).
I found quite a few dreamy reading space ideas on Pinterest. I’m going to share my two favorite spots, although i would tweak them a bit (of course) to fit my personality.

Dream Reading Spaces 


image found via Pinterest
Okay I really like this one! The main two reasons are because of all the natural light (plus I have those exact same curtains :)

I also really love that style of reading chair — what is it called? I can’t recall the name but I like it because I can’t sit in a chair with my legs hanging down like that and be comfortable for hours on end (unless we have a good ottoman to go along with it). Still I feel like this is the best position for reading..and I like the throw and the pillows. Those would definitely be in my dream reading space.
Not a fan of the side table or the tray that is on the floor? My cat would be all over that and yeah not a good idea… also the color of the rug is gross I would change it to a primary color shag rug. I’m sure my kitty would be comfortable on that while I read she can lay in the sun and sleep!



click on image to be taken to pin

Here’s another space I really like. I love the slanted ceiling, and of course that chair …. perfect! I love the little pillows and this rug is much much better. 

I would probably change the lighting though. I really love moroccan style hanging lights. Or, some of the old lamps that I bought in Bosnia last summer would work great here! I know it’s not really practical to fly across the world for some beautiful hanging lamps…but I did find some really cool ones from Arhaus. They have tons of unique lighting fixtures that could shed some beautiful and unique light in your reading room.

This was so much fun. If you’re curious about my other reading spaces check out the full board. I am definitely inspired to create a reading space in my home. I have a corner (next to a window, too) that is just begging for that transformation. I’ll definitely keep the blog posted :)
author image

Diamond

(aka Dee) has loved reading for as long as she can remember. She loves many things: fantasy novels, young adult fiction, her cat, painting, and horror films from the 70s. Diamond is a grad student at UCLA. She's pursuing a Master's in Library and Information Science.

1 comment :

  1. I blog frequently and I really appreciate your information. The article has truly
    peaked my interest. I will take a note of your blog and keep checking for new information about once per week.
    I opted in for your Feed as well.

    Take a look at my blog; read more

    ReplyDelete

Leave a comment! We appreciate every single comment!